Grette Associates works with a wide variety of clients. A successful applicant must be organized and able to work on multiple projects simultaneously that cover a wide range of disciplines. We are a friendly team that offers an opportunity to grow within a professional collegial environment.
Responsibilities and Qualifications:
• Field research, study design, and data analysis
• Technical writing and reviewing
• Preparation of documents for environmental permits
• Ability to work with a range of clients, both public and private, and work within defined budgets.
To be considered for this role, we require:
• Knowledge of fish and wildlife species and ecology of WA State; including Eastern WA.
• Minimum Bachelor of Science degree in a biological science, (Biology, Ecology, Fisheries, Zoology, etc.)
• Excellent technical writing skills
• Ability to work outside in adverse conditions
• Ability to perform efficiently and effectively in a team environment
• Attention to detail
• Ability to lift 50 pounds
• Have a personal vehicle and a valid WA driver’s license
A successful candidate should demonstrate:
• Ability to work independently to complete specific tasks
• Strong analytical, organizational, and written/oral communication skills
• The ability to work through technical issues efficiently, and be willing to ask questions
Preferred but not required:
• Knowledge of the Growth Management Act and local county codes
• Knowledge and experience with critical areas, compensatory mitigation and endangered species, preferably in Washington state
• Masters’ degree in a biological science
• Ability to communicate well with a wide variety of clients to determine the specific project requirements.
• Ability to operate small boats
• SCUBA experience (PADI certified a plus)
• Knowledge of native flora and fauna
• The hourly pay starts at $26 per hour. (Biologist 1 is a non-exempt position)
• The pay range for a Biologist 1 position is $26 to $30.50 per hour.
• This position is part-time (minimum 30-hour week), with the intent to move to full-time in 6 months.
• Paid Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance eligible on the first of the month following 60 days of employment.
• 401(k)-retirement program available the first of the month following 3 months of employment.
• Mileage compensation for company use of a personal vehicle.
• Potential profit sharing and discretionary bonuses.
• Employees will receive 3.08 hours of vacation leave per pay period.
• Vacation is accrued and can be used after 3 months of employment.
• Employees will receive 1.54 hours paid sick leave per pay period.
• Employees will receive 9 paid holidays per year pro-rated based on average number of hours worked.
Grette Associates is an equal-opportunity employer.